Mr Neil Lawrence Dorward is a Consultant Neurosurgeon and Spinal Surgeon.
Mr Dorward is a Consultant Neurosurgeon at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and an Honorary Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Royal Free Hospital, London.
Mr Dorward is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at the Royal Free and University College Medical School, London
Education and Training
Mr Dorward qualified from St Mary's Hospital Medical School in London with the degrees BSc and MB BS in 1989.
After rotations in general surgery and orthopaedic surgery, his training continued in neurosurgery as SHO and Registrar to the end of 1995. In 1996 he was appointed as Research Fellow and Honorary Lecturer, acting as a Neurosurgical co-ordinator for an EU-funded European project in Image Guidance at The Institute of Neurology, London, with Professor DGT Thomas. He then spent two years in a Senior Neurosurgery Registrar rotation at The National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Great Ormond Street and Charing Cross Hospitals, London.
Mr Dorward is a prolific author in his field. He has had a large number of peer-reviewed original papers published, as well as several book chapters and invited articles. For a full list of his publications, please download this document: Publications
- Marquis' Who's Who in the World
- Marquis' Who's Who in Medicine and Healthcare
Memberships of Societies
- Society of British Neurological Surgeons
- British Cervical Spine Society (Associate Member)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (Section of Clinical Neurosciences Council Member, and Hon Secretary)
- Queen Square Alumnus Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Endoscopic Pituitary and central Skull Base Surgery, extended endoscopic procedures
- Spinal surgery including prosthetic disc replacement, Minimal Access and percutaneous implant techniques and image-guided spinal surgery
- Image-Guided Neurosurgery, including Image-Guided Neuroendoscopy and Frameless Stereotactic Surgery
- Ultrasound elastography for delineation of tumour boundaries during open cranial surgery